22 January 2013

TAMeSSO 8.2 configuration SQL0613N SQLSTATE=54008

I have just ran into this problem today, when configuring my test instance of TAMeSSO (lately known as ISAM - IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-on).

After installing WAS7 and IMS server package, I tried to configure my IMS server. But it failed with error SQL06013N on WAS side, when attempting to create DB tables (on the screen you can see below, procedure dropped with error at ~6%)

After a quick search and a conversation with a colleague I found solution: to increase pagesize in your database to at least 8K. Actually, it is listed as requirement here:

but there is a slight chance you might omit that :) (I did...)

So, be sure that your database have been created with pagesize of 8K. If not, drop it and recreate it with a proper setting. The reason for it being necessary is a requirement for an index tablespace to be large enough to house an indexes for a colums of a specified size. Here it was 1024 VARCHAR + 128 bit for index, which gives over 1024, and hence requires 8K Pagesize. Details can be found here

Good luck and leave a comment if it solved your problem.

02 January 2013

TAM 6.1 - HPDAC0457E The protected object name is invalid. (status 0x1005b1c9)

A colleague of mine run today into a problem while trying to attach ACL to a protected object seen in the objectspace tree. Although being "seen" by both WPM console and pdadmin client via 

object show /xxx/yyy/subcat

command, trying to use 

acl attach /xxx/yyy/subcat ACL_name

resulted in getting below error:

Error: HPDAC0457E   The protected object name is invalid. (status 0x1005b1c9)

At the same time attaching ACLs to parent and child objects was just fine.

We checked initial loading scripts, and we found that there were only entries for super- and sub- items, like:

/xxx/yyy/ and then for /xxx/yyy/subcat/subsubcat/ but not for the middle one

So what was happening was that /xxx/yyy/subcat wasn't really created before, but only was visible as a tree level, because TAM had to show something in that place. Then the fix was easy, we just created the missing object with

object create /xxx/yyy/subcat "" 10 ispolicyattachabe yes

and then we could successfuly attach ACL to this object.

Hope this helps, enjoy and leave a comment!